The Sales & Information Centre has reopened. Opening times are as follows;
Monday- Thursday 9am-5pm and Friday 9am-4.30pm. Phone lines Monday- Friday 9am- 8pm
The Sales and Information Centre has reopened with additional safety measures in place, including:
Accepted onto the industry standard Good To Go* scheme
Protective screens on the front desk
Reduced number of staff working with some staff able to work from home
Shop redesigned to create space around the customer area
Display of safety signage and socially distanced floor markers
Customer shop capacity identified
Hand sanitiser for customers
Hand sanitiser and antibacterial cleaning equipment provided for staff use
*Good To Go is the official UK mark to signal that a tourism and hospitality business has worked hard to follow Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines and has a process in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
You are also still able to contact us remotely on 01332 643414 or Tourism@derby.gov.uk
Christmas Opening Times
The Sales and Information will close on Friday 24 December 2021 at 4.30pm and reopen Tuesday 4 January 2022 at 9.00am.
Between Monday 27 and Friday 31 December you can still get in touch 10.00am- 7.00pm on 01332 643414 or email Tourism@derby.gov.uk
The Derby Sales & Information Centre is the combined Tourist Information, Derby LIVE Box Office and Derby Active enquiry team.
Located at Riverside Chambers, it is the ideal place to start your visit to Derby. The team can provide information for a range of events and attractions to help make the most out of your stay in the region.
Services the team can help with include:
- Advice on what to see and do in Derby. There is a wide selection of attraction leaflets for the city and further afield in Derbyshire
- Information on events that are happening throughout your stay
- Book tickets for Derby LIVE performances at The Guildhall Theatre, Derby Arena and Derby Cathedral. Tickets are also available for a range of other performances, events and festivals across the county
- Find out more about the history of Derby by booking a tour of Derby Roundhouse, Derby Arena, Derby Council House, Derby Cathedral Tower Tour or Science in the City: Walking tour
- Information about gym, swim, classes and memberships for a range of leisure centres in Derby
- Help you explore the Peak District with a wide range of maps and walking books available to purchase.
- A selection of Derby gifts designed by independent local designers, Royal Crown Derby china and Blue John
- Also available to purchase are Derby souvenirs including books, magnets, postcards and ranges on Derby sheep and Union Jack.
- From Monday 3 June 2019 we will be ending our Left Luggage service. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Derbyshire County Council are looking to change the Wayfarer Ticket from 2022. More details will be on the Derbyshire County Council website in due couse.
Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets
Our team also sell Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets allowing for unlimited travel across the city and county by rail and bus. Discover Derby and Derbyshire and receive discounted admission at a number of attractions including Crich Tramway Museum, Sudbury Hall and Heights of Abraham.
- £13.40 for an adult (plus one child under 16)
- £6.70 for a senior citizen (aged 60 or over), a child under 16 (a dog may travel in place of a child) or a holder of a Gold Card or other English National Concessionary Travel Scheme (ENCTS) pass
- £24 for a group of up to two adults and up to three children (a dog may travel in place of a child).
Please note, tickets must be purchased in person and are not refundable.