Take a ride around a velodrome track at Derby Arena
Adult £19.50, Junior (12 - 16) £14.50
This could be your first go at track cycling and can be a one-off taster session just for fun or to see if it’s for you or can be the start of your progress to gaining full track accreditation.
This first stage of accreditation is also our taster session for people wanting to experience the track, so there will be a mix of ages and abilities in these sessions. If you just want to have fun, you can come to this session as many times as you like!
At this session, riders will learn to:
- Understand and operate toe clips and straps
- Understand and control a fixed wheel bike in order to start and stop safely on the inner fence Control pace whilst riding on the safety zone, cote d’azure and track
- Use effective observation in order to enter and exit and move around the track safely
- Control line whilst riding on the track Understand how the track banking affects the speed
- Ride confidently and safely on all parts of the track whilst holding the drops.