Normanton Park opened in 1909 as a place people could escape the heavily populated and industrial area. This date is proudly recorded on the clock-tower over the café.
The park linked Normanton Village with the new, industrial, inner-urban Normanton.
The park has been refurbished over the last few years. The roof of the pavilion has been replaced and the clock tower has also been refurbished.
There is a lot to do at Normanton Park, including walks around the traditional parkland, play a game of football on one of our pitches, play on the children's playground, or bring a picnic and relax on the grass.
There is disabled access to the park and level paths suitable for wheelchair users.