Information relating to Coronavirus.
Terms and Conditions of advertising with Derby City Council
Within these terms and condition reference to Derby City Council shall also include “the Council” ”us” or “we” as the owner of the website and whose registered office is The Council House, Corporation Street, Derby, DE1 2FS. The Advertiser is also referred to as 'you' in relation to provision of advertising space on the Visit Derby website [https://www.visitderby.co.uk]
1) The Council are owners of the Visit Derby website (“the website”) and shall place adverts or information about events at the Advertiser request, the content of which shall be reasonable to the extent it is deemed fit and appropriate and not in contravene the British Code of Advertising.
2) The Council have the right to reject any images, or to reject any application for advertising at any time, without assigning a reason. In the event of an application being rejected after payment, a refund will be made.
3) The Advertiser shall be responsible for ensuring that the advertisement submitted to the Council does not contravene any UK legislation British Code of Advertising Practice or applicable European Legislation.
4) It is the Advertiser’s responsibility to own copyright on any images, or to ensure that they have appropriate licences from any and all third parties who may be the owner of the respective copyright.
5) Advertiser’s property, transparencies etc. are held by Council at the Advertiser’s risk and the Advertiser is responsible for insuring against loss or damage.
6) Any data or images supplied by the Advertisers may be held on computer files by Council and shall be retained for necessary period in accordance with the relevant Data Protection legislation in force in England and Wales during the course of the agreement with between the Council and the Advertiser.
7) Each Advertiser, by submitting an advertisement, warrants that the advertisement does not contravene any Act of Parliament, the British Code of Advertising Practice or European Union Legislation.
8) All Advertisers are responsible for checking their print proof directly with the appointed designers.
9) Oral instructions of an Advertiser will not be accepted.
10) The Council cannot accept any responsibility for errors not corrected by the Advertiser at proof stage. Any amendments after this time will incur a charge.
11) All Advertisers are responsible for checking their website entry, Blog and/ or advert; otherwise it will be assumed that the information is correct. It is the Advertisers responsibility to ensure all prices and availability are correct and honoured.
12) The Council will not be liable for any loss or damage, consequential or otherwise, occasioned by any error in any advert published, or failure of an advertisement to appear from any cause whatsoever. Each Advertiser is liable to indemnify the Council against any claim made against them by any third party arising from the breach by the Advertiser of any of these terms and conditions herein on the part of the Advertiser.
13) Payment Terms: Strictly 30 days from the date of invoice.
14) All prices as per the booking form are exclusive of VAT.
15) All prices as per the booking form are correct at time of going to press. Derby City Council reserves the right to increase prices without prior notice in response to increases in material and resource costs. If you would like to discuss these prices and options with a member of the Derby City Council Tourism Team, please call 01332 643414 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
16) The Council reserves the right to cancel, amend or vary these terms and conditions without notice at any time for any reason, including change in law or circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
17) These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising in connection with them or any agreement which is entered into which are subject to these terms and conditions.
From October 2011 Derby City Council's Tourism Team will be accepting advertising from non-accredited accommodation businesses in the area - this relates to advertising on the www.visitderby.co.uk website and any relevant city publications.
This is in response to the fact that we know there are a significant number of good quality providers out there who have not historically chosen not to go through the national inspection/grading process, and have therefore not been able to advertise with us. We realise that without the formal framework being compulsory, this will now become a bit of a grey area, as we do not have the ability or desire to 'inspect' ourselves. We do however reserve the right to refuse or remove advertising if there are proven grounds for complaint, based on the quality of products and services provided or on health and safety issues relating to the Advertiser. Our guides and website will have prominent disclaimers as we cannot be held liable for the quality of any businesses, regardless of whether it's inspected or not.
The use of this website is subject to the following Terms and Conditions of use
By continuing to browse and use this website you agree that you have read and understood the following Terms and Conditions of use. These Terms and Conditions govern how you may make use of this website.
By using this website you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions, which shall take immediate effect from your first use of the website. Use of the website shall include, accessing or browsing. If you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions you are not authorise to use this website, and the Council reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate you access to the website and the related service or any portion thereof at any time without notice.
The Visit Derby website https://www.visitderby.co.uk is comprised of various web page managed and operated by Derby City Council, The Council House, Corporation Street, DE1 2FS. The Council may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changed online. Please review the Terms and Conditions regularly to ensure you are aware of any change made.
The term Derby City Council or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is The Council House, Corporation Street, DE1 2FS and has an office at Derby Tourist Information Centre, Market Place, Cathedral Quarter, Derby DE1 3AH. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website are for your general information and use only and is subject to change from time to time without notice.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we provide no warranty, guarantee or assurance, as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness, suitability or lawfulness of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge and accept that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the Council, are acknowledged on the website. The trademarks and logos displayed on this website may not be used without the prior written consent of Derby City Council or their respective owners.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Derby City Council's prior written consent.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that this website is normally available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time for any period.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.