Information relating to Coronavirus.
Derby Arena has been selected as a Covid-19 Vaccination Centre working alongside the NHS to help vaccinate people within the region against this unprecedented virus.
Following government guidance, we are working towards opening our outdoor facilities from 29 March and indoor individual activities (gym and swimming) from 12 April.
As we follow the government's roadmap, other indoor activities (including exercise classes, court sports and adult coached activities) will be introduced from 17 May.
As we follow the advice and government information, we will keep you informed on our confirmed programme in the future. For Covid-19 advice on activities and sports, you can take part in visit the Government Spring 2021 Roadmap out of lockdown.
Derby Active at Home continues including classes through our Facebook group.
If you are required to attend the arena for a vaccine, you will receive a letter from NHS England – these letters are distributed in line with the government's priority list.
Please find below some general information to support you during your visit to Derby Arena for your vaccination, please follow specific NHS guidelines for detailed information about the vaccination itself.
- You must register to attend – all those having a vaccine will be invited to attend in the form of a letter, in which you will be asked to book on. Without this booking information, you will be unable to enter the arena
- Please wear a face covering – these are mandatory at the vaccination centre(exemptions apply). Please dispose of your face covering responsibly.
- Sanitize regularly – there will be multiple points around the arena to sanitize as well as all handwashing facilities being open
- Keep your distance throughout the building, 2m social distancing rules apply. Please note there will be directional markings throughout the arena.
- Stay within the designated space, there will be no access to the café, Arena reception or health and fitness areas from the vaccine centre.
- Entry/Exit-Entry to the vaccine centre will be through the main entrance at the front of the building, however, you will exit on the opposite side so please take note of where you have parked
- Parking – Parking at Derby Arena for the Vaccination Centre is free of charge for the first hour, if you wish to stay longer you can pay for a car parking ticket at the car park machines.
- Get a lift – it is recommended that where possible you do not drive to and from receiving your vaccine, so where possible please get a lift. However please note that anyone not receiving a vaccine will not be permitted into the facility (unless caring for another)
- Waiting after the vaccine – it is advised that if you are not driving after receiving the vaccine you wait 5 minutes before leaving the facility. It is also advised that is you are due to drive, you should wait for 15 minutes after receiving the vaccine. A waiting area is provided on-site.
- No bags – please leave all belongings at home, there will be nowhere to put bags or belongings whilst you are being vaccinated.
- Food and drink – please do not bring food or drinks into the vaccine centre
- Toilets – there are fully accessible toilet facilities on-site, including a changing places facility
- Assistance – if you require assistance at any point during your visit to the arena, or require a wheelchair to help whilst queuing, please speak to a steward upon arrival.
- Enhanced cleaning – you will see our wonderful team of cleaners keeping on top of all the touchpoints and cleaning throughout the event, please dispose of any rubbish in the bins provided to help them out. Some events may have cleaning breaks built within them.
Derby Arena have received the 'We're Good to Go' certificate from the National Tourist Board of England.
The Derby Arena offers fantastic, first-class sporting and cultural opportunities for all and a varied events programme including sports, comedy, music and pantomime. See What's On.
- 250m indoor cycling track - Find out how to register for a cycling membership and book online here.
- Cycle hub with hire, repair & storage
- State-of-the-art 140 station fitness gym - Find out more
- Watt bike and exercise studios
- Sports infield the size of 13 badminton courts - Find out more
- Fixed spectator seating for over 1,600, with further flexibility to accommodate up to 5,000 for event
- Events & conferencing facilities - Find out more
- Meeting and hospitality rooms
- Café and bar
- Fully accessible changing rooms
Discover special accommodation offers for cyclist and spectators to Derby Arena.