Destination Derby Visitor Economy Strategy 2011 – 2016
The Visitor Economy Strategy has been developed in association with industry partners across the city and in particular the Derby Tourism Cluster Group. The purpose of this strategy is to maximise the opportunity to benefit Derby through the value of the visitor economy.
The strategy analyses the current tourism landscape in the city and identifies the potential visitor experience and the existing activity in promoting it, together with the current national and sub-national context. The strategy outlines three key strategic objectives for increasing the value of the Visitor Economy and the planned outcomes as a result of achieving these:
- Enhance Derby's identity for visitors
- Promoting new developments to improve Derby as a destination
- Improving the quality of the visitor experience.
The value of the Visitor Economy to Derby
- Visitor numbers - 7.6 million pa = +7.2%*
- Staying visitors - I million = +25%*
- Economic impact - £365 million = +30%*
- Employment - 5000 FTE posts = +16%*
Source: STEAM 2013
*An increase of statistics compared to STEAM 2009
Download a copy of the Visitor Economy Strategy 2011 - 2016