It's that time again - that time where Christmas shopping is once again a thing and unless you've been staggering festive purchases throughout the year, it's a big rush to find the right gifts.
Christmas Markets in Derby
For unique gifts, we recommend the host of markets and stalls which can be found throughout the season in Derby and surrounding areas. Most notably, pencil some of the following into your diary:
- Chatsworth Christmas Market (finishes Sunday 29th November)
- Christmas Arts & Crafts Fair in Market Place (starts Friday 27th November)
- Christmas at CUBE plus tree decorating workshop (Saturday 28th November)
- Christmas Bonanza Sale at Royal Crown Derby (Saturday 28th November)
- Derbyshire Christmas Food & Gift Fair (Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th November)
Since the hyped post-Thanksgiving frenzy called Black Friday swept the nation, we've all come to realise what it's all about - fantastic deals for just one day. It's a great time to get a bargain, so we recommend getting in early to places throughout intu Derby, St Peters Quarter and of course the iconic Cathedral Quarter in Derby city centre.
If running around like a headless chicken trying to bag a deal isn't your thing, there's another way, and it's called Cyber Monday. Essentially the same thing but the flash sale happens online so you can do it from the comfort of your sofa with a nice mug of homemade mulled wine.
Remember, it's often first-come-first-serve and stocks are limited, so click quick!